Wednesday 8 May 2013

Beach Huts




One of the books I really love and return to constantly is Helen Phillips Pretty Patchwork Gifts.  I read her blog every day - many apologies as I have not been able to provide a link to her lovely blog (helenphillips.blogspot.co.uk) as due to my probably incompetence with the computer a completely different blog comes up when I have added this address!  Bear with me and I will try and get this sorted as soon as possible.

However, to return to the topic in hand.  I really love Helen's work and she is such a lovely lady to speak to, so helpful and kind.  I decided that I wanted to make some beach huts which you can see on the front of her new book.  The instructions are so clear and user friendly that even I could follow them so I had a busy night putting three of them together.  I love the fabric which I think I bought ages ago from Seamstar or it may have been Elephant in my Handbag, both are really good online stores.  It is something I have to pay attention to since starting a Blog - make a note of where you purchase all your fabrics from!  The fabric is so retro looking, I just loved it as soon as I saw it and had to buy it for some project or other.  It seemed perfect for the beach huts so I hope you'll agree.  Helen does use some fantastic combinations in her book and they are all delicious.  

Well would you like to see the finished product?  I took the photo in the garden but sadly it was overcast today and so windy, unlike yesterday when we were basking in 22 degrees of sunshine, no such luck today.  However, I think they look ok and hope you all like them.

Well that is it for today, off to find another project to start.  I have booked myself on to some courses and will keep you up to date with these.  One last note, I heard from one of the ladies from Lauren/Vicki's course on Saturday who, like me is a beginner, it is lovely to make new friends this way.  She is hopefully coming over to my part of the world and we plan to find a nice little course to go on together......
Thanks so much for dropping it, it was so lovely to see you

Here is my ta dah moment............





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable, Dorothy! So glad you like the book, and thank you so much for the mention :) I love the fabrics you've used and the bobble trim in red is just right!
    Your new blog is looking lovely.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete